Thursday, May 8, 2008

This is for you, Mom



Mother's day is around the corner and not only do I have to buy a gift for my mom but also for my sister. The twins are well...too young to know what not to buy.
My sister is extremely picky.
So they dropped into my house last night with cries of, "Please, Aunty Aurora! We love you!"
My brother-in-law just grinned and shrugged.
Traitor.

I'll start with my sister. I wanted to get her something that would touch her heart. Fortunately, I had just received a hallmark e-newsletter and they had some great stuff which the twins could
give from their own.
There are some really cool recordable cards for just $6.00. I am thinking of calling the twins over and making them sing 'Do re me...'. They love that song and with a cute, "I love you mommy!' ending.
Of course, there will be a bouquet of flowers that will accompany the card. My sister likes lilies,
so it's a safe bet buying them.

Now comes my mom:
My mom is a great woman. She is my mentor, my best friend and my inspiration. I don't know
how I could have gotten through the past few years without her and If I could buy the world for her, I would.
For some years, I've just been giving her free spa tickets but this time, I'm giving her a holiday!
She works too much, my mum. Always travelling for work, never stopping and enjoying the place.
So anyway, my friend told me about this amazing place in Cochin, Kerela, India.
According to the website:
'The Malabar House is in the heart of historical Fort Cochin, opposite St. Francis Church and 3 minutes walk to the Chinese fishing nets. It is ideally located for sightseeing, shopping and backwater cruises. Jew town with its vast curio & antique market is 3 km away; the vembanad lake just an hours drive. The distance to Cochin Airport is 45 km.'

Sounds fantastic doesn't it?

Here's the package deal:
Backwater experience
a 4 day 3 night package, including 2 nights at privacy and 1 night at discovery

Tour price:

1st May, 2008 till 30th September, 2008 €600 for two on room sharing basis (Pricey, but hey! Your mom did go through labour pain! And anyway, get your rich boyfriend/husband to pay half!)

1st October, 2008 till 30th April, 2009 €850 for two on room sharing basis

Category: Deluxe and boat cruise

This price includes:
Welcome drink on arrival, room at privacy on half board basis, cruise at discovery on full board, special arrangements for honeymoon (kindly inform while booking), free cruise on the electric propelled country boat, free use of cycles, all applicable taxes.

Day 1:
Arrival at privacy, boarding of the houseboat discovery
Cruise through lake vembanad and backwaters.
Overnight at discovery

Day 2:
After breakfast drop at privacy, located right on the banks of lale vembanad
Enjoy the views of the lake, the picturesque neighborhood or cycle down quiet village lanes.
Overnight at privacy

Day 3:
A complete day at leisure
Enjoy the swimming pool, read and relax in the inviting hammocks, indulge in the fresh food
Overnight at privacy

Day 4:
After breakfast departure at noon

Peek into natural luxury:



























What do you think? Think she'll like it?
Tell me what you're doing for your mother...

No comments: